Monday, February 22, 2010

Better Lucky than Smart?

I’d like to think I’m smart enough to know when I’ve gotten lucky. The past 60 days have been some of the most challenging in my life. At the onset of the new year, I resolved my partnership in my real estate company, started a new company, lost my mother to COPD in January and, like so many of you, have battled a slow economy and down real estate market.

The outpouring of sympathy, well wishes, support and assistance from friends, family and acquaintances in the business community has been incredible as well as humbling. The offers of assistance from agents in competing companies has been amazing. I am truly blessed and very lucky indeed to be surrounded by people so generous and caring and I appreciate each kindness.
The increase in new business since the start of the year has been both exhilarating and at times, overwhelming. Homes sales are up over last year and interest rates are still extremely attractive. Congress extended the First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit of up to $8,000 to first-time home buyers until April 30, 2010 and expanded the credit to grant up to $6,500 credit to current home owners purchasing a new or existing home by April 30, 2010. Again, I have gotten very lucky to have such key items in play at such a crucial time in my business.
C. Michael Elliott and Associates new real estate offices are located at 3738 Highway 54 in Osage Beach next to U.S. Mortgage. The offices are under construction and we are on target to move in this month. My wife and business partner, Karen, and I will host an open house on Saturday, April 24th from Noon to 4 p.m. and hope you will be able to stop by and visit us and meet our staff and sales agents.

If you would like a detailed sales report on your specific property type or neighborhood, or would like to ask a lake real estate question, contact C. Michael Elliott & Associates at 866.Your.Lake or cme@yourlake.com View thousands of lake area listings at www.YourLake.com. You can also log your opinions on Michael’s real estate blog, www.AsTheLakeChurns.com

No comments: